Представляем вопросы и ответы на конкурс Британский бульдог (British Bulldog) за 2010-2011 год для 5-6 классов. Ответы находятся внизу страницы, после вопросов.
Listen to the sentences and choose the right answer
1. How old is Mary?
A) Forty B) Fourteen C) Twenty four
2. What time is it?
A) Twelve B) Ten C) One
3. How many students are there in the class? … three.
A) Twenty B) Thirty C) Forty
4. The next bus to London is at … p.m.
A) one B) two C) three
5. She wants … biscuits.
A) any B) one C) some
6. Mr. Rossi is invited to go to the … desk.
A) sports B) check-in C) information
7. Flight AZ677 to Toronto is boarding at gate … .
A) Eight B) Eighteen C) Five
8. Passengers must go to the gate for … .
A) control B) boarding C) information
9. Kate has a broken … .
A) foot B) arm C) leg
10. The pupils … to study English.
A) want B) wants C) don’t want
Read the text and fill in the gaps using the right words
Everybody … (11) that cats love sleeping. They spend half of their … (12) asleep and enjoy every minute of it. Other animals … (13) very different sleeping habits, however. For example, … (14) horses may not look like they … (15) asleep, but they are! Horses only spend three hours asleep … (16) day and they do it standing up! Fish sleep for about seven hours but they too have strange habits – they don’t close their eyes to sleep. So, what about people? Most … (17) us sleep for about a third of our lives. But the … (18) of hours we sleep depend on the age. Newborn babies sleep a lot – about seventeen hours in every twenty four. Children need about eleven hours and grown-ups sleep for about eight hours every night. But you’re not just asleep – you’re not really doing nothing. … (19) happens during sleep. Dreams are one way that the … (20) rests after a busy day.
11. A) know B) knows C) knew
12. A) life B) lifes C) lives
13. A) have B) has C) had
14. A) any B) some C) much
15. A) be B) were C) are
16. A) the B) a C) no article
17. A) of B) for C) about
18. A) many B) most C) number
19. A) A lot B) A lot of C) Many
20. A) legs B) body C) mind
Read the text again and find the correct answer
21. … sleep half of their lifetime.
А) Horses B) Cats C) People
22. The animals have … sleeping habits.
А) the same B) similar C) various
23. When horses sleep they … .
А) lie B) stand C) don’t stand
24. … don’t have strange sleeping habits.
А) Fish B) Horses C) Cats
25. … sleep less than other animals in this story.
А) Fish B) Horses C) Cats
26. The length of our sleep … .
А) depends on how old we are B) depends on our work C) depends on our rest
27. … need more sleep.
А) Grown-ups B) Children C) Babies
28. Babies sleep seventeen hours … .
А) a day B) a week C) a night
29. When you sleep you do nothing.
А) It’s true B) I agree C) It’s wrong
30. Dreams help people to … .
А) sleep well B) relax C) work better
Choose the correct form of the nouns
31. I have many … in the box.
А) toy B) toyes C) toys
32. All the … had wonderful hats.
А) ladies B) ladys C) lady
33. Peter likes … very much.
А) potato B) potatos C) potatoes
34. In autumn the … cover the ground.
А) leaf B) leaves C) leafes
35. … deliver newspapers to our houses.
А) Postman B) Postmans C) Postmen
36. I saw many … in the village.
А) sheep B) sheeps C) sheepes
37. There are many books on the … .
А) shelves B) shelfes C) shelfs
38. The … were arrested and put into prison.
А) thief B) thiefs C) thieves
39. There are many … in the Russian forests.
А) deer B) deers C) deeres
40. I know that … are very strong animals.
А) ox B) oxes C) oxen
Fill in the correct prepositions
41. Come … and take a seat, please.
А) out B) in C) at
42. Where do you come … originally?
А) to B) in C) from
43. He will come … home in two weeks.
А) out B) to C) back
44. I have never come … a person like Steve.
А) across B) out C) about
45. Come … or we will be late!
А) about B) for C) on
46. It’s late. We should go … now.
А) back B) forward C) ahead
47. Go … ! Leave me alone!
А) ahead B) along C) away
48. Go … , we are all listening.
А) back В) ahead C) forward
49. Go … with your work until I come back.
А) forward B) on C) along
50. That shade of blue goes … your eyes.
А) up B) in C) with
Guess what it is
51. I can tell you all the day: time to sleep and time to play.
А) Mother B) A clock C) A book
52. What letter can read?
А) I B) R С) B
53. What letter is a drink?
А) J B) L С) T
54. When I ride, I’m all right. When I stop, I flop.
А) A car B) A bike C) An engine
55. If you lose it once, you can never find it again.
А) Money B) Road C) Time
56. What does a bear have that no other animal have?
А) A cub B) A bear cub C) A forest
57. What is white outside and yellow inside?
A) A chicken B) A lemon C) An egg
58. What is it that you can keep after giving it to somebody else?
А) A word B) A book C) A present
59. In what month do people talk the least?
А) February B) March C) April
60. What box walks and talks?
А) A box office B) A box of chocolates C) A chatterbox
2 — A
3 — B
4 — C
5 — C
6 — C
7 — B
8 — B
10 — A
11 — B
12 — C
13 — A
14 — B
15 — C
16 — B
17 — A
18 — C
19 — A
20 — C
21 — B
22 — C
23 — B
24 — C
25 — B
26 — A
27 — C
28 — A
29 — C
30 — B
31 — C
32 — A
33 — C
34 — B
35 — C
36 — A
37 — A
38 — C
39 — A
40 — C
41 — B
42 — C
43 — C
44 — A
45 — C
46 — A
47 — C
48 — B
49 — B
50 — C
51 — B
52 — A
53 — C
54 — B
55 — C
56 — B
57 — C
58 — A
59 — A
60 — C