Представляем вашему вниманию вопросы и ответы на конкурс Британский бульдог за 2013-2014 год для 7-8 классов.
Listen to the recording and fill in the blanks
1. Victoria Station Lost Property Department was closed … .
A) on Thursday B) when Alan called
C) in the evening D) at a quarter to seven
2. Alan Davis called to … .
A) see his bag B) introduce himself
C) say he had a training D) ask if someone had found his bag
3. Alan Davis left his sports bag … .
A) on the platform B) in Richmond
C) on the train D) at the stadium
4. Alan Davis left his sports bag because he … .
A) was in a hurry B) was sleepy
C) was hungry D) had dirty clothes in it
5. The sports bag had stripes … .
A) down one side B) up one side
C) on both sides D) near the handles
6. There was … on the bag.
A) no zip B) a red zip
C) a dark blue zip D) a zip with white stripes
7. Alan was … that there was the key ring on the bag.
A) happy B) astonished
C) surprised D) not sure
8. The key ring was attached to … .
A) the zip B) the handles
C) both handles D) one of the handles
9. Alan Davis asked to … .
A) give him his bag B) call him
C) wash his clothes D) send an email
10. His telephone number was … .
A) 0345129787 B) 0341527987
C) 0341529787 D) 0341527897
Read the text and choose the correct answer
The first amusement parks appeared near busy beaches in the USA. People … (11) visit them from as early as the 1800’s. When Walt Disney created the first “theme” park in the world he … (12) that it would be popular. It certainly was. He … (13) it in 1955 in California and it still … (14) many tourists to the USA today. In fact the park was so successful that similar parks soon … (15) in other cities of the USA as well as in Tokyo (1983) and in Paris (1992). They are not only the places … (16) people have fun, there is also a lot they can … (17) as well. A day out at an amusement park on a sunny day … (18) always a good idea. People of all ages visit these parks … (19) relax and enjoy their free time. One day there … (20) a Disney theme park in every country of the world!
11. A) used to B) used C) use to D) were used to
12. A) hoped B) is hoping C) has hoped D) were hoping
13. A) build B) built C) has built D) had built
14. A) bring B) brought C) brings D) has brought
15. A) opened B) will open C) would open D) have opened
16. A) that B) where C) when D) who
17. A) learn B) to learn C) learning D) learned
18. A) was B) are C) is D) will
19. A) so that B) in case C) in order D) to
20. A) is B) be C) will be D) going to be
Choose the correct reply
21. How long did your exam last?
A) Yes, it’s my last exam. B) It lasted three hours.
C) It lasts three hours. D) It will last three hours.
22. What were you doing when the doorbell rang?
A) I was feeding the dog. B) I fed the dog.
C) I feeded the dog. D) I am feeding the dog.
23. Did you use to have piano lessons?
A) Yes, I do. B) Yes, I did. C) Yes, I have. D) Yes, I had.
24. Do you know who broke my skateboard?
A) It isn’t me. B) It isn’t I. C) No, thanks. D) It wasn’t me.
25. When did he go home?
A) Two hours ago. B) In two hour’s.
C) In two hours’ time. D) For two hours.
26. Can he play the violin?
A) Yes, he can play on it. B) No, he can’t play on it.
C) Yes, but not very well. D) No, he can play on the piano.
27. Shall we go to the park tomorrow?
A) Yes, we should to. B) Yes, we are going.
C) The park is beautiful. D) It depends on the weather.
28. Do you mind my opening the window?
A) Yes, here you are. B) Yes, I don’t.
C) No, I don’t. D) With pleasure.
29. How long does it take to get to the airport?
A) He takes a taxi. B) He gets there by taxi.
C) Less than an hour. D) It’s a long way.
30. He broke his leg yesterday.
A) He should be more attentive.
B) He should have been more attentive.
C) He was attentive.
D) He was disattentive.
Complete each sentence
31. The … hope the exhibition will be a success.
A) organization B) organizer
C) organizers D) organizing
32. She wants to go to Italy to improve her … of the language.
A) knowing B) known
C) unknown D) knowledge
33. He has lived in this house since his … .
A) children B) childish
C) childhood D) child
34. I don’t like that he is … to other people and their problems.
A) different B) indifferent
C) difference D) indifference
35. The first … of the film about Mickey Mouse was in 1928.
A) appearance B) disappearance
C) appeared D) appearing
36. The view of the city from the hill is … .
A) astonishment B) astonishing
C) astonished D) astonishingly
37. There are no … records about when Stonehenge was built.
A) wrote B) writer
C) writing D) written
38. Terry has … planned to be an engineer.
A) origin B) original
C) originally D) originate
39. I have to tell my … that I can’t accept his offer.
A) employment B) employee
C) employer D) unemployment
40. Some creatures live in the most … places.
A) like B) likable C) likely D) unlikely7
Match the words and sentences with their definitions and explanations
41. To litter = … .
A) to steal from a shop B) to drop waste
C) to attack people D) to rob
42. Shoplifting = … .
A) robbing in the street B) killing
C) stealing from a shop D) playing a trick
43. To pollute the air = … .
A) to fly in the sky
B) to throw in the air
C) to condaminate the air
D) to clean the air
44. Graffiti = … .
A) damaging property
C) writing on walls in public places
45. Pickpocketing = … .
A) poisoning B) stealing money from pockets
C) picking something up D) keeping hands in pockets
46. The in-laws = … .
A) people who break laws
C) relatives of one of the spouses
47. Absent-mindedly = … .
A) decisively B) intentionally
C) purposely D) inattentively
48. Hardly ever = … .
A) usually B) very rarely
C) frequently D) sometimes
49. To be exhausted = … .
A) to run out of money B) to be very tired
C) to change one’s mind D) to be sad
50. To be familiar with something = … .
A) to be on friendly terms B) to misbehave
C) to copy style D) to know something well
What part of Great Britain is it?
51. Robert Burns wrote about its beauty in his poems.
52. Its capital is Cardiff.
53. The legendary monster is believed to live there.
54. The highest mountain Ben Nevis is situated there.
55. The district is called Lake District because of the numerous lakes there.
56. This country has more castles (per square mile) than anywhere else in the world.
57. The Palace of Westminster is there.
58. It is the smallest country in the United Kingdom.
59. It is the only part of the UK not to be represented on the Union Flag (Union Jack).
60. The unfortunate ship ‘Titanic’ was built and launched from there.
Британский Бульдог 2013 ответы: 7-8 классы