Представляем вашему вниманию вопросы и ответы на конкурс Британский бульдог за 2014-2015 год для 7-8 классов.
Listen to the recording and find the correct answers
1. … adults will accompany the pupils to London.
A) Two B) Three
C) Four D) Five
2. The pupils will go to London by … .
A) boat B) plane
C) car D) bus
3. The journey to London will start … .
A) at 7:30 B) at 8 o’clock
C) at 8:30 D) after lunch
4. The room in the hotel is for … pupils.
A) one B) two
C) three D) four
5. The trip to the London Eye … .
A) is cancelled
B) has been planned before
C) will arranged
D) is impossible
6. The pupils will do the shopping on … .
A) Thursday B) Wednesday
C) Tuesday D) Monday
7. The last place the pupils are going to visit before going home is … .
A) Covent Garden
B) the multiplex cinema
C) Oxford Street
D) the Natural History Museum
8. The pupils’ parents have to wait for their children … .
A) in the classroom B) at home
C) near the school D) at the bus station
9. They are not going to visit … .
A) the London Eye B) the British Museum
C) the Tate Gallery D) the Tower
10. The group will spend … in London.
A) a week B) four days
C) three days D) two days
Read the text and fill in the most suitable words
Sir Laurence Olivier is world famous for his outstanding artistic achievement in the theatre and cinema. If you saw him on the stage you would understand why he is constantly … (11) the best critics’ attention. If you saw him on the … (12) you wouldn’t forget the … (13) he created. He is … (14) changing because he wants to … (15) the audience awake. He believes that the audience wouldn’t respond if he did what he was … (16) to do. In this he … (17) the advice given by Feodor Chaliapin to an actor: “Never do what the audience expects you to do.” If he himself hadn’t had qualities that widen your vision, and … (18) to your understanding of the world, he wouldn’t be … (19) as a distinguished actor. These qualities are: thorough knowledge of the play, artistic … (20), physical, intellectual and spiritual strength, an ability to identify with the role.
11. A) losing B) taking C) attracting D) producing
12. A) film B) movie C) cinema D) screen
13. A) views B) images C) visions D) imaginations
14. A) recently B) especially C) constantly D) consistently
15. A) keep B) take C) prevent D) preserve
16. A) excepted B) expected C) accepted D) insisted
17. A) fails B) keeps C) follows D) believes
18. A) add B) pay C) count D) sum up
19. A) decided B) regarded C) resolved D) concluded
20. A) installation B) inefficiency C) imagination D) appointment
Choose the correct answer
21. He used … a lot when he was in the country.
A) swam B) to swim C) swim D) swimming
22. She isn’t used to … so hard.
A) work B) worked C) working D) works
23. We can’t go to this caf? because it … rebuilt.
A) is B) was C) is being D) was being
24. It was so difficult to get used to … early.
A) get up B) got up C) gets up D) getting up
25. The teacher … the pupils to get ready for the lesson.
A) says B) said C) tell D) told
26. The guide said that Greece … the country of ancient culture.
A) is B) was C) were D) will be
27. I would like to have my room … .
A) paint B) painted C) paints D) painting
28. Ann … English for five years.
A) learns B) learned
C) was learning D) has been learning
29. If it … , I’ll stay at home.
A) rains B) will rain C) rained D) doesn’t rains
30. My friend said that she … me with my test.
A) helps B) will help C) helped D) would help
Complete the sentences
31. He can’t do it alone. You should give him a … .
A) hand B) lift C) advice D) advices
32. I’m in a hurry. Can you give me a … ?
A) help B) lift C) tour D) signal
33. You shouldn’t be so naive and take everything … .
A) away B) apart C) home D) for granted
34. The pupils must learn the poems … .
A) by heart B) for sure C) by head D) by memory
35. He took … of the good weather to paint the shed.
A) hand B) disadvantage
C) advantage D) part
36. He is fond of playing … on people.
A) fun B) smile C) jokes D) games
37. The teacher advised Ann to pay more … to her progress at school.
A) attitude B) attention C) approach D) anxiety
38. The contest takes … every four years.
A) place B) stage C) seat D) space
39. He was seriously ill and … behind his class.
A) fell B) took C) was D) get
40. The man wanted to … revenge on his companion.
A) pay B) give C) bring D) get
Choose the best option
41. ‘She has got a fine complexion’ means I like … .
A) her figure B) her height
C) that she is plump D) her skin colour
42. My friend is fond of collecting … .
A) marks B) pages
C) grades D) stamps
43. Her father hates going to the … .
A) shops B) shopping
C) magazines D) buying clothes
44. He knows everything, that’s why his friends call him a walking … .
A) book B) notebook
C) encyclopedia D) genius
45. My friend gave me a new … of the cake.
A) recipe B) prescription
C) remedy D) subscription
46. He bought a new digital … to take pictures during the trip.
A) photographer B) photograph
C) camera D) film
47. We all liked the design of the new … .
A) money B) credit
C) banknote D) change
48. Some people in the country don’t like the … policy of the government.
A) domestic B) inner
C) inside D) introvert
49. Television, radio, newspapers and journals are means of … .
A) bring information B) service
C) mass media D) mass information
50. I like this travel agency because they always offer … .
A) package tours B) complex programs
C) complicated tours D) packages
Find the English equivalents for the underlined American variants
51. She got up and put on her bath robe.
A) swimming suit B) dressing gown
C) dress D) uniform
52. I came into the bathroom and turned on the bath-tub faucets.
A) bath taps B) towels
C) bath buttons D) handles
53. The view from his apartment was fantastic!
A) flat B) bungalow
C) cottage D) tent
54. The pupils had a math test before recess.
A) lesson B) term
C) interval D) break
55. My sister doesn’t like rice, she prefers French fries.
A) fried potatoes B) crisps
C) chips D) buns
56. It had poured heavily, so the sidewalks were still wet.
A) paths B) pavements
C) streets D) valleys
57. I have carefully studied the subway map.
A) underground B) treasure
C) table D) another
58. Many people don’t like fall, but I do!
A) seasons B) winter
C) autumn D) spring
59. There are a lot of cookies in this shop.
A) biscuits B) cakes
C) pasta D) buns
60. He likes to spend his free time watching movies.
A) cinema B) theatre
C) films D) spectacles
Британский Бульдог 2014 - 2015 ответы: 7-8 классы